Lubricating the electric motor of a cable car (Video)
Reliable operation of an electric motor requires efficient lubrication.
The electric motor on the Pfingstegg cable car is lubricated automatically by two 30ml Simalube lubricators.
The automatic and continuous lubrication duration is set at six months.
There is therefore no further need to lubricate the motor manually and the bearings are moreover provided with the necessary lubricant at all times.
Technical specifications of Grindelwald Pfingstegg aerial cable car
- Transport capacity: 505 people per hour
- Journey time: 3 minutes and 15 seconds
- Track length: 1,046 m
- Travel speed: 7 metres per second
- Supporting cable diameter: 54 millimetres
- Diameter of the traction and counter cable: 22 millimetres